Community treasury policy

Goodmorning everyone, now the voting is done and staking is coming up I think it’s a good moment to kickstart this forum from the community side by having a look at the 3k xbE in the community treasury and what treasury policy we are going to put in practice…

There are certain questions we should ask ourselves in order to get to the most sustainable treasury policies for the long term. The general questions that come to mind are:

1. How are we going to spend the capital (proceeds) to ensure the upkeep and optimal growth potential of the protocol? e.g wages, front end costs, buffers/insurance, marketing etc

2. How high do we expect these costs to be in the foreseeable future?

3. How do we use our capital to back these costs? e.g should we be staking (a portion of) our treasury and/or selling bits of it?

4. Do we keep part of treasury in other (stable) assets?

As there are alot of variables that come into play here, it is likely that we will have to revise our strategy from time to time and stay flexible in our approach. So my suggestion is to make reports and restrategize every quarter based on the market situation and the expected costs for the upcoming period.

These are general outlines, there are alot of details to consider, but here’s a few questions to get us started, would love to hear everyones ideas about it. In the end, findings from this thread can be structured and formed into a proper proposal. Let’s get this ball rolling!

1 Like

Staking it for the full boost is probably not a good idea. I think maybe using some portion in a 6 month to 1 year lockup would be ok, but 2 years is likely too long.